Skip to main content

Project Dementia

It has been quite a while since I last wrote a blog post, but it is finally time for me to get back to the keyboard and start typing those fancy colorful lines of code.

And I have a (in my opinion) huge announcement to make.

I finally released my very first video game. Project Dementia has been in the works on and off for the last 3 months, and now it is finally time (link to download the game is at the bottom of this post). 

So what is Project Dementia?

Well I'm glad you asked.

It is a small platformer game I made during my first semester at Edinburgh College. It isn't anything revolutionary, but it isn't half bad either if you ask me. You won't exactly have an award winning experience playing, but it definitively is one of the games ever. Is it good? You decide (and please leave a comment for what can be improved, I might make a full version if some people are interested).

Generally, not much has changed since the announcment post. No new mechanics, just more environment, levels, GUI and things of that sort.

Here is a small gameplay preview: 

There isn't a lot more to it than you can see here, but if you are interested, please do check it out!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

README

You might be wondering "What the hell did I just stumble upon?" And rightfully so.  So let me explain what this blog is.  I am a coder from Germany, who is currently attending the NC Games Development Course at Edinburgh College. In this blog, I will post updates on my college life and coding projects. Right now, I am working on my video game for the first semester at college. I have been programming for a few years now, and the development on the game is going smoothly. However, I have yet to decide what the game is going to be called. The game ...is a 2D platformer, with focus on... existing? It is my very first time making a game, so just producing something fun and engaging is the main goal of the game. The idea The player is a dementia patient, struggeling with their mental illness. Having become unaware of their surroundings, they travel through an empty world, running from their illness chasing after them. As you progress through the levels (There are only 5 planned as

A new project

It is time to start a new project. Not only so I have something to work on, but with another semester comes another project. This one is quite different though. Not only is it a group project, it is also a lot more free, but also professional than the previous one.  Not only are we required to have at least one meeting a week, but we also have free choice over game engine, genre, theme, you get the idea. The only thing we are required to include is some connection to the number ten. This project only started this week, so there isn't that much to talk about yet, but I'll explain what we've got so far. The group My group (which was assigned to me) consists of four people. We have been grouped up to fill out each others weaknesses, and so everyone can do what they are good at and what they enjoy. For example, coding is my specialty, so I am the main (or rather only) software engineer in my group. This means that I get free choice over the game engine and some other software.